Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

CREATIVE SURGE

I feel a creative surge coming on, which is inconvenient, as I'm super busy just now. I wake in the night with ideas. Still have my handsome new man, Bates, at Timber Grove Farm for training. Visiting him takes a big chunk out of most days. I made the decision last week to give him a couple more weeks of training there. We are still figuring each other out, and last week's rain kept me from riding as much as I had planned. Also, in just two weeks, my guys are embarking on their father-son road trip to LA. I am calling it Mike and Patrick's Excellent Adventure. I am hoping to have Bates home and settled before they leave.
I took advantage of the wet days last week to fling some paint around and stitch. Painted a few background canvasses, and made a new version of one I've used before. This time, I printed it on flax linen, which gave it a lovely sepia tone and inspired my choice of additional fabrics.
Paint and collaged paper on art board.
Mixed-media art quilt with vintage fabric, hand and machine stitching, etc...

Yesterday, we mowed, and I spring cleaned the barn, then went to the farm and rode Bates. When I woke up this morning, I could hardly move, but two ibuprofen and a hot bath later, I was on my bike. We did thirteen miles around Cambridge, before ending up at Stoked, our Sunday place for lunch. I always pedal more cheerfully when there's a nice meal dangled in front of me. It was a glorious day to be outdoors on the Eastern Shore.


Wild roses on the roadside.
The fishing bridge.
Cambridge light house.
Oh dear.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and got to spend some time outside. It was 79 degrees here...a day to be relished. Too soon, it will be stinkin' hot. XO.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're finding time to create. I know the feeling. The urge always strikes at the most inconvenient time, then when the time is there, there's always something "more important" to fill it up. I just started a post on the very same subject! I guess it's a contagious condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right, Janet. In my case, time to create=dirty house and carry-out meals. Hopefully things will slow down and I'll have more time once Bates is home.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!