Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Friday, November 14, 2014

DOORWAYS

"There are things known and things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception." ~Aldous Huxley

From photos of Old Whitemarsh Church that I took a few weeks ago...
The view through the doorway of Old Whitemarsh Church. Fabric version.
The weather has turned, so it was a good day to stay indoors and be cozy with the dogs and a pile of needlework. It's so chilly, in fact, that I'm going out to blanket Abby for the first time this fall. Stay warm, blog friends.
XO
"Be an opener of doors."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Mary - love the photo and the fabric version - especially how you made the undulating clouds. Oh and I like the coffee ring - or is that tea? Also happy that you saved the kitty and found a home for her (previous post). xo kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! The clouds were made of strips torn from an old organza doll's dress. I just crimped it and shaped it as I stitched. I've nearly used it all up, so I guess it's time to hit the thrift shops. The friend who adopted the kitten told me she spent her first night purring on the pillow next to her. That kitty managed to steal my heart in just three days. So happy for her.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!