Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

AH! SUMMER!

This summer is whizzing by. Hope you all had a Happy 4th of July. Nigel celebrated in style, as always.
We are busy getting ready for vacation. No small feat when you are leaving a menagerie behind. Lots of stocking up on feed, fly spray, hay and whatnot. Lots of notes to self, and a veritable book to write for the house/barn sitter. When I'm not making preparations, or scratching my poison ivy, I am busy grabbing shots of an amazing variety of dragonflies. 
Let me bore you with some bugs...
"Deep in the sun-searched growths the dragonfly
 Hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky." ~ Dante Gabriel Rosetti
Work in progress: 
Gotta run. I hear fierce thunderstorms are on the way. Again. Stay safe blog friends. "Leaves of three, let it be."
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!