Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Friday, April 4, 2014

OLD TRINITY AND OTHER WORKS IN PROGRESS

I don't like to let a whole week slip by without checking in, but sometimes real life stomps its foot and demands all my attention. 
I do have new work to show you. I've been editing some photographs from a visit to Old Trinity Church. Started with this so-so window shot.
 Printed it on linen and did what I do, with old fabrics, papers, and hand and machine stitching. The hinges on the window are used horseshoe nails, courtesy of Abby.

I have two more works-in-progress. I was longing for spring color, and started this, which is actually an unusual  gravestone at Old Trinity. The shape really appealed to me. I'll show you the original when it's finished.
An abandoned and boarded up house became this, and though I've barely started, I was intrigued by the look of it after I backed out some of the detail, and can't wait to see where it takes me.

Have a great weekend, and if you ever have a chance to see The Psychedelic Furs, you should definitely go for it, even if your sinuses are throbbing and you really just want to tuck your pony in and go to bed with your Kindle. They gave a concert at The Avalon Theatre on Monday night. The joint was jumping! There was wine.
XO.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!