Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

EASTER BUNNIES AND SPRING?

Each time I think it's safe to pack away the winter clothes and bring out the flip-flops, Mother Nature knocks us back. While it looks like this...
It feels like this...
We don't see a lot of mid-April ice here on the shore. Wearing gloves and insulated coveralls was hard to take this morning, after a weekend of shorts and sandals .Out in the barn, Abby was shivering from the cold, having shed most of her winter coat already, so I had to pull one of her blankets out and plug the the "cat-toaster" back in for the kitties.
Inside, I am trying to clean up my workroom, but I keep getting distracted by fabric scraps and making Easter Bunnies instead. Big ones...
And little ones...
This one started as a cocktail napkin. Making bunnies is keeping me distracted from the chocolate/peanut butter Easter eggs that I've stashed for the weekend. Bought them last Saturday at the Amish Market and so far I've resisted, even though I can hear them whispering to me when I pass the fridge. 
Stay strong. And warm. XO













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!