Life, art, and nature on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Monday, March 17, 2014

HAPPY SNOWY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Happy St. Patrick's Day blog friends!! 
May joy and  peace surround you,
Contentment latch your door,
And happiness be with you now
And bless you evermore.
I was sure spring was upon us...I saw daffodils last week. I was wrong. Today was yet another in a long line of snow days, which I am sure will make us appreciate spring all the more when it finally does arrive. I'm not complaining really, Mike worked from home, a dear friend from Colorado came and spent the afternoon. We had a good catch-up over some guacamole, and played with the dogs, I had a nice walk in the snowy woods. With the cats. Not a bad day. In the end.

Not sure why Kitty felt compelled to join us. She doesn't do cold/wet, but Fitz (ginger cat), is our self-appointed body-guard. He wouldn't think of letting us go into the woods alone.
I think it's his way of saying, "Thank you for taking me in, even though I showed up uninvited."
Hope you're having a happy St. Patrick's Day, even if it's cold and snowy, and you don't have a big ginger cat to watch over you. I'm off to bed early, having sailed through winter relatively unscathed, I feel a whopping head cold coming on. I think that calls for a hot toddy, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!